St. Simons Knights / EFL and AFL Players Code of Conduct
Hereby commit to the best of my ability, to uphold the clubs code of conduct.
- I must maintain a standard of behaviour and conduct in the best interests of the game, players, parents and the officials of the club and all opposition clubs, and I accept the responsibility and accountability for ensuring that the code of conduct is executed to the best of my ability.
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all individuals within the St. Simons Knights Football Club, including refraining from any discriminatory practices on the basis of race, religion, ethnic background or special ability /disability.
- I will refrain from any form of personal abuse or unnecessary physical contact with the players, other parents or officials from my club or opponents
- I will actively promote the code of conduct at all times
- Always play by the rules
- Control my temper- treat others as I would like to be treated – bullying will not be tolerated
- I will display and foster respect for the umpires, opponents, all coaches, all officials, parents and spectators
- Co – operate, support and encourage your team mates at all times. Your team’s performance will benefit.
- Recognise the value and importance of volunteer coaches and officials
- If I disagree with an official/umpire, raise the issue through the appropriate channels (coach) rather than questioning the officials judgement and honesty in public
- Demonstrate appropriate social behaviour by not harassing or using foul or threatening language to umpires, players, coaches, officials, parents or spectators
- Condemn the use of violence in any form, be it by spectators, coaches, officials or players
PLEASE NOTE: Your failure to adhere to the codes of conduct may result in the withdrawal or suspension of your registration to play in the Eastern Football League and the St. Simons Knights Football Club